There is a limit of 10 working days from the date the excavation was scheduled to begin to request a
revision of a location request. There are various reasons for revising a ticket:
- Need to notify a specific utility that did not or could not respond
- Need to issue a correction regarding contact information
- Need to add additional information or clarify area to be marked as long as it does not change the
location of the stake-out or the scheduled date of the excavation
To revise a ticket, your Dig|Safely. New York Customer Service Rep will need the following information:
- The Dig|Safely. New York ticket number of the request to be edited
- The information & reason for the revision
Please be clear of what you are requesting on the revision. This will expedite your request and eliminate
the need for any additional inquiries for information from the members notified.
- All previous information must remain on the ticket when making a revision. You may clarify the location
of the stake-out, but not change where the stake-out is to be made.
- Revisions must be sent to all of the originally notified members, even if you wish to only notify one