Official Contest Rules:
- ENTRY: No purchase necessary to participate or win. A purchase will not improve one's chance of winning.
Entry into any Promotion will only be via the method specified by Dig Safely New York, Inc. (hereinafter "Dig Safely New York") Only one (1) prize per final selected school will be permitted. All entries must be received within the time period stated by Dig Safely New York during the Promotion’s offer to be eligible to win the prize. Late and/or subsequent entries per person, per household per email address and/or username will be disqualified. Dig Safely New York is not responsible for failure to receive an entry for any reason including but not limited to submission and/or transmission failures, technical malfunctions and/or other conditions beyond its reasonable control. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. All entries become the property of Dig Safely New York and will not be acknowledged or returned.
From Monday, August 12, 2019–Monday, December 2, 2019, Dig Safely New York, Inc. will host the What will the World Look Like in 50-years? life size poster contest. The contest will be hosted in the following schedule:
- Monday, August 12, 2019: First round of school entries due. The twenty-five (25) available spaces are first come, first serve.
- Monday, September 9, 2019: The twenty-five (25) participating schools are announced.
- Monday, September 9, 2019–Thursday, October 31, 2019: The twenty-five (25) schools will create their entries.
- Friday, November 1, 2019: Entries due by mail to Dig Safely New York, Inc.
- Friday, November 1, 2019–Thursday, November 7, 2019:
Panel of guest judges selected by Dig Safely New York, Inc., will review the twenty-five (25) submitted entries and rank them.
- Monday, November 11, 2019: The ranked posters will be posted for public voting.
- Monday, November 11, 2019–Sunday, December 1, 2019: Final voting is open to the public, one (1) vote, per person, per day, and will run from the day it is posted until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 1, 2019.
- Monday, December 2, 2019: The winning school will be announced on Social Media and the Dig Safely New York, Inc. website.
- Entries must meet the following requirements. If the following requirements are not met, entries will become disqualified.
- Entries must be placed on paper and/or cloth measuring no smaller than 22”x28”
- Entries must arrive by mail to the following address no later than, Friday, November 1, 2019.
Dig Safely New York, Inc.—Marketing Department
School Poster Contest
6706 Collamer Road
East Syracuse, NY 13057
- One (1) entry per school.
- Entries must illustrate the participating school’s vision of what the world will look like in 50 years.
- To participate, entries must include the artwork, a written description, and a short video of the students and staff who helped facilitate the entry, explaining the entry.
- The posters will be ranked at the discretion of the guest judges selected by Dig Safely New York, Inc. Of the entries, the winner will be selected based on the number of qualifying votes received. A qualifying vote is counted as one (1) vote, per person, per e-mail address, per day; votes outside of these qualifications will be disposed of and will not count towards the final voting process. The prize of $1,000 will be awarded to the winning school as a check and delivered in-person by
Dig Safely New York, Inc.
- ELIGIBILITY: Enter a school and to participate, you must be a legal US resident, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, and an employee of the school district.
- WINNER SELECTION: Dig Safely New York’s clock will be the official time keeper for all Promotions. (a) Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion, the final winner will be chosen by the most votes submitted through the Dig Safely New York, Inc. voting web page. (b) Late entries will not be accepted. (c) Entries must be original, unpublished, and the sole property of the entrant. In addition, entries may not contain the trademarks of any third party, nor may they contain lewd, inappropriate, threatening or obscene, defamatory or libelous images or content. Dig Safely New York may, in its sole discretion, display any submitted entries in any media, including on its websites. By submitting an entry, entrants agree that the entry does not infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, does not violate any laws, nor does it pose harm to Dig Safely New York, Inc. and/or other contest participants. (d) The winners will be notified within 24 hours following the conclusion of the contest by via e-mail and/or telephone. If a winner does not respond to such notification within five (5) business days and/or does not meet the stated eligibility requirements, such winner will be disqualified and Dig Safely New York reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion. By entering, participants in the Promotion release the Released Parties (defined below) from any claims, losses, injuries or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or the use or receipt of any prizes. The failure to comply with the foregoing requirements, or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may cause the winner to forfeit their prize and Dig Safely New York reserves the right to select an alternate winner. Dig Safely New York’s decisions concerning selection of winners, as well as all other matters relating to any Promotion, are final and binding. Odds of winning a Promotion are first round 4 of 25, then for final voting 1 of 4.
- PRIZES: There is one (1) prize valued at approximately $1,000. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred or assigned except at Dig Safely New York’s sole discretion. Prize includes only what is specified in the prize description.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, DIG SAFELY NEW YORK AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON, OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION CONDUCTED BY DIG SAFELY NEW YORK.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Illegible, unintelligible or incomplete entries or responses will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen or undelivered entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures, in addition to the mailing of entries and of any kind, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials related to any Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer entries/votes or for any malfunction or technical errors occurring on any Social Media sites on which a Promotion is conducted. In the event that technical or other circumstances compromise a Promotion, Dig Safely New York reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion, and/or to select winners for prizes from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. The Released Parties are not responsible for typographical errors in the Promotion, any Social Media Site or these rules.
- CLAIMS/CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with any Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. All participants who enter a Promotion agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Onondaga County, and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of any Promotion or these Official Rules. Any and all claims, judgments and awards in connection with a Promotion shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs (if any) incurred in connection with such Promotion up to $50.00, but in no event attorney’s fees; and under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses only up to $50.00, and hereby waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- PUBLICITY/RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law or regulation, by entering and/or accepting a prize you grant Dig Safely New York permission to use your name, username/online alias, likeness, entry, photos, and statements for any purpose without additional compensation, consideration or consent. Dig Safely New York reserves the right to use any Response or Submission in all print and electronic media, and to edit any Response or Submission for brevity and clarity.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner of a Promotion, please email email@example.com within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the applicable Promotion.