Entry: No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Entry into any Promotion will only be via the method specified by Dig Safely New York, Inc. (hereinafter "Dig Safely New York"). Only one (1) $100 Visa gift card, and other promotional items, will be permitted in the State of New York per quarter. All entries must be received within the time period stated by Dig Safely New York during the Promotion’s offer to be eligible to win. Late and/or subsequent entries per person, per household, per email address and/or username will be disqualified. Dig Safely New York is not responsible for failure to receive an entry for any reason including but not limited to submission and/or transmission failures, technical malfunctions and/or other conditions beyond its reasonable control. All entries become the property of Dig Safely New York and will not be acknowledged or returned. This contest is in no way sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. This contest is solely created by Dig Safely New York.
a) Entries must meet the following requirements. If the following requirements are not met, entries will become disqualified.
- One (1) $100 Visa gift card, and other items, will be awarded in the State of New York, excluding New York City and Long Island, per quarter.
1. Post a photo of your 811 promotional items. This can be but is not limited to, stickers, t-shirts, socks, mugs, pens, etc.
2. Tag one of Dig Safely New York’s social media platforms (either Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) in the post.
3. Use the hashtag #811InTheWild
b) At the end of each quarter (there are four (4) quarters in a year), a winner will be drawn.
ELIGIBILITY: To participate, you must be a legal U.S. resident, sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of entry and a resident of the State of New York, excluding New York City and Long Island..
WINNER SELECTION: Dig Safely New York’s clock will be the official timekeeper for all Promotions. (a) Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion, winners (Social Media Users) will be chosen at random (b) Winners will be announced on Dig Safely New York’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. If a winner does not respond to such notification within five (5) business days and/or does not meet the stated eligibility requirements, such winner will be disqualified and Dig Safely New York reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion. By entering, participants in the Promotion release the Released Parties (defined below) from any claims, losses, injuries or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or the use or receipt of any prizes. The failure to comply with the foregoing requirements or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may cause the winner to forfeit their prize and Dig Safely New York reserves the right to select an alternate winner. Dig Safely New York’s decisions concerning the selection of winners, as well as all other matters relating to any Promotion, are final and binding. The odds of winning a Promotion will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion.
4. PRIZES: There is only one (1) $100 Visa gift card that will be given away in the State of New York, excluding New York City and Long Island, per quarter, along with other various promo items. Dig Safely New York maintains the ability to at random select winners and award the designated prize. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred, or assigned except at Dig Safely New York’s sole discretion. The prize includes only what is specified in the prize description.
5. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, DIG SAFELY NEW YORK AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON, OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION CONDUCTED BY DIG SAFELY NEW YORK.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Illegible, unintelligible, or incomplete entries or responses will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, or undelivered entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials related to any Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer entries or for any malfunction or technical errors occurring on any Social Media sites on which a Promotion is conducted. In the event that technical or other circumstances compromise a Promotion, Dig Safely New York reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion, and/or to select winners for prizes from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. The Released Parties are not responsible for typographical errors in the Promotion, any Social Media Site, or these rules.
7. CLAIMS/CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant in connection with any Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. All participants who enter a Promotion agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Onondaga County and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of any Promotion or these Official Rules. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards in connection with a Promotion shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs (if any) incurred in connection with such Promotion up to $50.00, but in no event attorney’s fees; and under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses only up to $50.00, and hereby waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
8. PUBLICITY/RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law or regulation, by entering and/or accepting a prize you grant Dig Safely New York permission to use your name, username/online alias, likeness, and statements for any purpose without additional compensation, consideration or consent. Dig Safely New York reserves the right to use any Response or Submission in all print and electronic media, and to edit any Response or Submission for brevity and clarity.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winner(s) of a Promotion, please email marketing@DigSafelyNewYork.com within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the applicable Promotion.