Education Through Dig Safely New York
Dig Safely New York, Inc. is committed to safety. The safety of its communities, the families that reside in those communities, and you! That is why education is one of our top priorities. We have an experienced staff for your educational needs on overviews of NYS Code Rule 753, tailored presentations towards stakeholders or industry niches, and in-depth education on safe digging best practices through its Certified Excavator Program. All educational opportunities facilitated by Dig Safely New York are done through its Learning Management Program - 4iQ. Learn more about 4iQ below.
Certified Excavator Program
You’re a busy individual and Dig Safely New York, Inc. respects that. That’s why we have tailored the Certified Excavator Program to fit your schedule. The program is an interactive course that may be taken in-person or online. This certification combines various learning styles, including audio, visual, and hands-on exercises that allow participants to apply their knowledge into situations and obstacles that could be encountered in the field. Not only do participants establish or refresh their in-depth knowledge on the law and best practices of safe digging to prevent damages to underground facilities, but also to brand themselves or their companies. Click here to learn more about the Certified Excavator Program.
The 4iQ Advantage
4iQ is Dig Safely New York’s learning management system. When paired with the Certified Excavator Program and events, this software allows users flexibility and access to educational resources. 4iQ allows users to create personalized accounts that are self-serving and can last a lifetime. Additional highlights include the ability to track event attendance, certification status, and complete education requirements – 24/7, for free, from any Internet-accessible device. Learn more about 4iQ below.
Access 4iQ by visiting learning.DigSafelyNewYork.com.
Not sure if you need to access 4iQ? If you answer "yes" to any of the questions below, please use the link above to access 4iQ.
- Interested in creating a 4iQ account to complete the Certified Excavator Program online?
- Need to register for a Dig Safely New York, Inc. event?
- Are you a returning 4iQ user and would like to log-in?
Getting Started with 4iQ
Tutorials and frequently asked questions (FAQs) have been listed below. Still need assistance? Click here to contact your local Field Representative.
List of resources:
- About 4iQ.
- Creating your 4iQ account.
- Individual registration.
- Group or Third Party registration.
- Registering for an event or class.
- Registering with a link.
- I don't have an account.
Dig Safely New York’s online educational offerings are ever-expanding. Follow the instructions below to create an account and gain access to all of the online education and training programs, as well as to track your meeting and community function attendance. Your 4iQ account is a new Dig Safely New York account, other account information used for programs like i-Notice will not work for 4iQ.
Creating an account allows you to:
- Track your progress in a degree track (i.e. Certified Excavator Program).
- Register for Dig Safely New York events, meetings and programs.
- Know when your certification is up for renewal.
- Be self-served in pulling certificates and attendance records.
The first step in using the 4iQ system is creating a user account(s) for yourself or anyone who may take a course or attend an event.
Completing this step first and ahead of time, will save you time and make the event registration process faster and smoother in the future.
Creating Your User Account(s)
If you have already created a 4iQ account CONGRATULATIONS! Safety education and training is just clicks away, you may skip this step.
- Visit the following link: www.Learning.DigSafelyNewYork.com.
- Click on the blue “New User” button on the left side of the screen.
- Complete the following form.
- Type in your desired username *note: this is auto populated to the e-mail address you previously provided. If you are creating multiple accounts, we suggest changing this to a unique username (i.e. first initial middle initial last name).
- Type in your desired password. If you are creating multiple account you may find it easier to use the same password and let the user change it when they log-in for the first time.
- Check the box next to the “I’m not a robot” text.
- Click the “Continue” button at the bottom right corner.
- You will then see a submitted confirmation window that prompts you to check your e-mail account for a message that contains your confirmation link.
- Before you can log-in to the 4iQ System you will need to check the e-mail account, you provided for an e-mail message from email@example.com, with the subject
“Your 4IQ Online Registration Request.” This will have a verification link, click the link to make your 4iQ account active.
- Clicking on the link will direct you to the 4iQ log-in page. Here you will be prompted that your registration was successfully completed.
- Click the close button.
- You can then sign-in using the credentials you just created.
- Repeat steps a-m for each person that will be taking a course or attending a Dig Safely New York event.
The following headings are to help guide you through our new registration process. Follow the heading that best suits your needs.
If you would like to register yourself for one of the courses or events offered by Dig Safely New York through our 4iQ software, please read the following guidelines:
- It is recommended that you use your personal NOT company information when creating your 4iQ account.
- This account will be linked to you as an individual and will follow you throughout your career.
- You can track attendance at events, meeting, and in courses that may be required by your employer.
- All correspondences for your efforts will go directly to the contact information provided in your profile.
For step-by-step instructions on creating an account, see the “Creating A User Account” heading above.
Group or Third-Party Registration
If you would like to register someone else or a group of people for one of the courses or events offered by Dig Safely New York through our 4iQ software please read the guidelines below.
Please Note: Each person that will take a course or attend an event is REQUIRED to have his or her own username and password with 4iQ.
- One person may create accounts for as many people as necessary.
- Each account will need a unique username and password.
- An e-mail address can be used more then once when creating multiple accounts for one company.
- The e-mail provided will be the main contact for communication for each person registered.
- It is strongly recommended that each account has their own unique e-mail address (personal and/or company) for notification and communication purposes.
For step-by-step instructions on creating an account, please see the “Creating A User Account” heading above.
Registering for an Event or Class
All public Certified Excavator Program classes and Dig Safely New York events are listed on our website.
Click here to view public Certified Excavator Program classes.
Click here to view upcoming Dig Safely New York events.
Registering With a Link
Follow the instructions below if you have received a link similar to the one below, or would like to register for an event listed on the Dig Safely New York website.
Using one of the options below, it will bring you to a special invitation page for the event you are registering to attend.
To search for Dig Safely New York event registration pages, please click here.
It is important that you read all of the provided information on this page.
Event information may include:
- Seminar type.
- Date and time.
- Cost (if any).
- Contact information.
- Special instructions.
Once you have read the invitation, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the blue “Register Here” button.
This will take you to the 4iQ log-in page. If you already have a 4iQ username and password, you can log-in on the right side of the screen under the "Existing User?".
If you do not have an account, follow the instructions above under the heading "Creating A User Account" starting at letter (b).
Once you have created your account or logged-in, you will be taken to a screen asking if you are sure you what to register for the event, click continue, this will bring you to a confirmation screen giving you the option to print your registration confirmation as well as the ability to log-in to your account.
Once you have printed or saved your registration confirmation, you can click the "Ok" button at the bottom of the screen.
Congratulations! You have finished the registration process, be sure to have your confirmation with you when you arrive to your class or event.
I don’t have a 4IQ user account.
Do not miss out on all the events and education training Dig Safely New York offers.
Protect your future with safety training today.
Follow the "Creating a User Account" heading above to get started with 4iQ.